About the job
ATMOsphere (formerly shecco), a global market accelerator for sustainable, climate-friendly cooling and heating technologies, seeks a junior reporter to work in its Brussels or Barcelona offices (Hybrid).
Who we are:
Our mission is to report on developments in refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump systems that incorporate natural refrigerants (CO2, ammonia and hydrocarbons) instead of super-polluting refrigerants that contribute to global warming, generate PFAS (forever chemicals) or deplete the ozone layer. We do this through our product and news marketplaces R744.com, Hydrocarbons21.com and Ammonia21.com) ATMOsphere conferences, ATMOsphere Approved label, and market development projects at our offices in Brussels, Barcelona, New York, and Tokyo.
The job entails interviewing sources, attending presentations and writing daily news articles about policy, market and technology trends impacting natural refrigerant-based cooling and heating equipment. Other editorial tasks include daily monitoring of online news, contributing story ideas and helping with social- media posts, email newsletters and audience development. Familiarity with audio and video technology and digital photography is desired. There will be some travel regionally and internationally.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- strong writing and reporting skills
- some journalism experience,
- a passion for journalism, and
- an ability to explain technical information in an engaging manner.
- an interest – and, preferably, some background or experience – in writing about technology, science and the environment.
- some knowledge of refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump technology is not required, but an interest in learning about it is.
- Excellent command of English (at native speaker level), both oral and written. Additional languages is a plus;
- University degree;
- Attention to detail;
- Pro-active approach and ability to learn quickly;
- Ability to work autonomously and be a team player;
- Well-organized and able to meet deadlines;
- Able to liaise with market players across multi-cultural environments;
- Proficiency with Word and Adobe tools;
- Proficiency in using graphic design and presentation tools is a plus.
- Permanent contract at entry level position subject to yearly review based on performance.
- the work place can be either Barcelona or Brussels.
Please send cover letter, résumé, writing samples, and direct any questions, to Michael Garry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and suitable candidates might be contacted quickly, so early application is recommended.
Estimated start date: First quarter, 2023